On Sun, August 10, 2014 8:16 pm, David E. Ross wrote:
>  I was a computer systems integrator for over 30 years.  I fully
>  understand what "integrator" means.  In my career, sopftware integration
>  often included dealing with secure systems and how they were made secure.

That's a very... liberal... conclusion of what integrator means. I've
known integrators who just glued together CMS systems. Does that mean
they're also experts in computer systems?

>  Rosenthal is also a reseller of X.509 subscriber certificates, which
>  should mean he understands Internet security.  Otherwise, how is he
>  allowed to sell such certificates?

There are no security requirements for resellers. Resellers are just the
middlemen that facilitate the introduction of the CA to the customer, get
a cut of the proceeds, and in return for such introductions, get to
pretend they have a brand.

Most importantly, resllser != registration authority. The two are,
unsurprisingly, unrelated concepts.

I say this because my dog could be a reseller, if she was allowed to enter
into legal contracts. That's really the ONLY requirement, at the core, of
a reseller.