To further support your claims here, Chris, there are already tools coming out
which actively monitor domains in CT logs and can be set up with notifications
of misissuance:
https://www.digicert.com/certificate-monitoring/
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mozilla.dev.security.policy/EPv_u9V06n0

This type of tool for CT is only going to improve with time.