That's a somewhat paradoxical scenario, but I suppose it's not altogether impossible.
It is yet another reason why ccTLDs should not be allowed (IMO) in NameConstraints.permittedSubtrees of a SubCA certificate.

But of course, prohibiting ccTLDs in NameConstraints would not be sufficient, in itself, to prevent a wildcard certificate for (say) *.us from being issued, as it could be issued by a non-technically constrained CA (it does not seem realistic to me, but many weird things happen in this world every day).

So that's a different issue, IMO. If a wildcard certificate for a ccTLDs should never be issued by a trusted CA, regardless of such CA being "technically constrained" or not, then I suppose it should be expressly forbidden in BRs and in browser vendors' Root CA programs/policies.

But again, this is a different (although related) issue than I raised.

Adriano