On 02/09/16 01:22, Kathleen Wilson wrote:
> This request is to include the ‘A-Trust-Root-05’ root certificate, turn
> on the Websites trust bit, and enable EV treatment. This new root
> certificate will replace the ‘A-Trust-nQual-03’ root certificate that
> was included via Bugzilla Bug #530797. The ‘A-Trust-nQual-03’ root
> certificate expired, so it was removed via Bugzilla Bug #1204997.
[snip]

> * CA Hierarchy: This root has internally-operated subordinate CAs:
> - a-sign-SSL-05 (http://www.a-trust.at/certs/a-sign-ssl-05.crt)

These certificates were issued last year for the internal name 'TRUE'
and are valid until at least 2018 (well past the deadline for internal
names under the BRs):
https://crt.sh/?dnsname=True&iCAID=5662

These were issued last year for the internal name '1' and are valid
until at least 2017 (still well past the deadline):
https://crt.sh/?dnsname=1&iCAID=5662

From those internal name certificates above, these certificates are
valid from 2015 until 2020, which is longer than the 39 months allowed
under the BRs:
https://crt.sh/?id=8991758&opt=cablint
https://crt.sh/?id=9123894&opt=cablint

This certificate was issued last year for the internal name 'BSB-oenb'
and is valid from 2015 until 2020:
https://crt.sh/?id=10540258&opt=cablint

These certificates also seem to lack the at least 20 bits of entropy in
the certificate serial number that the BRs recommend in section 7.1.

> - a-sign-SSL-EV-05 (http://www.a-trust.at/certs/a-sign-ssl-ev-05.crt)

CT appears to know about several other subCAs; see child CAs here:
https://crt.sh/?caid=5661

My assumption is that the other subCAs are not supposed to issue SSL
certificates however, they still need to be in scope as they do not
appear technically constrained from doing so (e.g. by extendedKeyUsage).
(However, it appears that the prior root's subCA
a-sign-corporate-light-03 issued TLS server certificates (e.g.
https://crt.sh/?id=5669744&opt=cablint) and it is presumably similar to
a-sign-corporate-05.)