From: dev-security-policy
[mailto:dev-security-policy-bounces+jeremy.rowley=digicert.com@lists.mozilla
.org] On Behalf Of Steve
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2016 7:43 AM
To: Gervase Markham; Eric Mill;
mozilla-dev-security-pol...@lists.mozilla.org
Cc: Kathleen Wilson; Richard Barnes
Subject: Re: Proposed limited exception to SHA-1 issuance

Given OCSP support in the terminal software, this isn't likely to be archaic
firmware open to ignoring criticality. Since money is flowing here, audits
would scream at even older hash options or intentional defect exploitation.

>From experience securing an application that moved 30% of all cash that
changed hands in a business day, I can state that no financial services
company of this scale will expose their network to an untested certificate
chain.  Four days are not enough time to test alternate chains or
certificate designs.

Kind regards,
Steve