On 10/3/2016 11:50 AM, Peter Bowen wrote:
> 3.2.2.4.4, 3.2.2.4.6, 3.2.2.4.9, and 3.2.2.4.10 all use the newly
> defined "Authorization Domain Name", which should avoid this in the
> future.
Thank you for pointing me to those sections, but my confusion may be
starting from the definition of "Authorization Domain Name". Does it
simply mean one of the aliases of a FQDN that is specifically used to
obtain authorization for that FQDN? I think an example of "Authorization
Domain Name" could help me jump out from such abstraction of
definition/term. Thank you.

By simply reading the requirement, I feel that if I can create a CNAME
record to let "www.<example.com>" pointing to "<example.com>", and I
prove to a CA that I control the "www.<example.com>", then the CA should
be able to issue a certificate of "<example.com>" according to those
sections, correct?