On 12/8/2016 12:48 PM, Gervase Markham wrote:
> Require CAs to publish their CPs and CPSes under one of the following
> Creative Commons licenses: CC-BY, CC-BY-SA or CC-BY-ND.
>
> This is so that there is no legal impediment to their proper storage,
> scrutiny etc. by relying parties.
>
> Proposal: add an additional paragraph to point 17 of the Inclusion
> policy, as follows:
>
> CPs and CPSes must be made available to Mozilla under one of the
> following Creative Commons licenses: Attribution (CC-BY),
> Attribution-ShareAlike (CC-BY-SA) or Attribution-NoDerivs (CC-BY-ND). If
> none of these licenses is indicated, the fact of application is
> considered as permission from the CA to allow Mozilla and the public to
> deal with these documents, and any later versions for root certificates
> which are included in Mozilla's trust store, under CC-BY-ND.
>
> (We would add links to the relevant license terms where each is mentioned.)
>
> This is: https://github.com/mozilla/pkipolicy/issues/12
>
> -------
>
> This is a proposed update to Mozilla's root store policy for version
> 2.4. Please keep discussion in this group rather than on Github. Silence
> is consent.
>
> Policy 2.3 (current version):
> https://github.com/mozilla/pkipolicy/blob/2.3/rootstore/policy.md
> Update process:
> https://wiki.mozilla.org/CA:CertPolicyUpdates

Great idea.  If the public is to trust the certificates of certification
authorities, the public should be able to access, view, and even copy
those authorities' CPs and CPSs.

--
David E. Ross

The Crimea is Putin's Sudetenland.
The Ukraine will be Putin's Czechoslovakia.
See <http://www.rossde.com/editorials/edtl_PutinUkraine.html>.