From: dev-security-policy
[mailto:dev-security-policy-bounces+richard=wosign....@lists.mozilla.org] On
Behalf Of Tom Delmas
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2016 10:30 PM
To: Gervase Markham <g...@mozilla.org>
Cc: mozilla-dev-security-pol...@lists.mozilla.org
Subject: Re: wosign and letsencrypt.cn / letsencrypt.com.cn

Hi Gerv,

> It's never come up. But I think we would be reluctant to intervene;
Thank you for that answer. I understand it.

> there are other mechanisms for sorting out such disputes, and it's not
> our job to interpret or enforce trademark law or domain name dispute
> resolution law.

There are other mechanisms. But hard to use, especially between countries. As
a Firefox user, I expect that CA trusted by Firefox are clearly identifiable
and distinguishable from each others.

We need CA to avoid website impersonation. In order to achieve that, I feel
that "CA impersonation" must be avoided before all.

And the logical way to do it in my opinion is in the Mozilla CA Certificate
Policy.

Tom