Hi Nick,

I expect that our auditors would have noticed and reported if we had not
tried to comply with 7.1.4.2.1.
Our next WebTrust audit starts shortly and I anticipate that the criteria
used will be
"WebTrust Principles and Criteria for Certification Authorities - SSL
Baseline with Network Security - Version 2.1"
http://www.webtrust.org/principles-and-criteria/item83666.pdf
Those criteria specifically call out 7.1.4.2.1 and the 1 October 2016 date.

Regards
Robin Alden
Comodo