On Monday, 13 February 2017 13:23:47 UTC+1, Gervase Markham  wrote:
> The GoDaddy situation raises an additional issue.
>
> What can be done about the potential future issue (which might happen
> with any large CA) of the need to untrust a popular intermediate?
> Suggestions welcome.
>
> Gerv

Isn't this mostly something that CAs should keep in mind when they setup "shop"?

I mean it would be nice to have a way of avoiding that kind of impact of
course, but if they think it's best to put all their eggs in one basket... ;-)

On the other hand, it's probably not possible to foresee what kind of
partitioning will be needed if/when things go wrong.

CU Hans