With de facto use of AIA, there is no issuer installation on the server that
could be improper. Proper is defined at the moment, either by cache or
discovery hints.

CA Issuers AIA resolution of EE to issuer is good enough for government work,
and fortunately the market offers software that consumes it. I don’t consider
the Federal Bridge papered over or the FPKI PA an authority that papers over
their solutions.

We can roll issuing CAs with less operator error if we can reliably use AIA and
educate that the issuing chain does not need to be installed, maintained, or
passed in the TLS payload.

We all understand that microseconds are core to your business model. We’re
talking about one hit every N years or N-thousand certificates. You’re going to
earn back the time spent through smaller TLS payload no longer sending
intermediates that are already cached.

We can deploy AIA CA Issuers support across user agents faster than we can
deploy PKCS#7 support across servers.