On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 04:29:20 -0800 (PST)
Itzhak Daniel via dev-security-policy
<dev-security-policy@lists.mozilla.org> wrote:

> I also would like to have an official reply from GlobalSign saying
> that "on the date they issue the certificate the domain exists".

Note that the BRs do not require a domain to exist when a CA issues a
DV/OV certificate for it.  The BRs only require that the CA validated
the domain at some point in the 39 months prior to issuance.

I hope this can be changed, since it doesn't seem right that someone can
validate a domain once and still have a valid certificate for it 6.5
years later, even if the domain registration lapsed or changed hands.

Regards,
Andrew