Hello Rick, This weekend you asked "customers and the browser community to pause on decisions related to this matter until final proposals are posted and accepted."
More than 48 hours ago I asked if you could provide someone sort of estimate on when this proposal would be ready to be shared with the public. I understand that this is a complicated process that is likely taking up much of your time and is not an exact science. However, I believe it is extremely important the community have some idea when this new proposal with Google will be shared if you are asking that we all wait for it. Should we expect to see this proposal later this week? Next week? The end of May? I think it's safe to say a broad estimate is better than nothing. Thank you, Vincent On Sun, May 7, 2017 at 6:09 PM Rick Andrews via dev-security-policy < email@example.com> wrote: > I'm posting this on behalf of Symantec: > > We would like to update the community about our ongoing dialogue with > Google. > > Following our May 4th post, senior executives at Google and Symantec > established a new dialogue with the intention to arrive at a new proposal > for the community that addresses the substantial customer impact that would > result from prior proposals. We urge Symantec customers and the browser > community to pause on decisions related to this matter until final > proposals are posted and accepted. The intent of both Google and Symantec > is to arrive at a proposal that improves security while minimizing business > disruption across the community. > > We want to reassure the community that we are taking these matters and the > impact on the community very seriously. > _______________________________________________ > dev-security-policy mailing list > firstname.lastname@example.org > https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-security-policy > -- Vincent Lynch _______________________________________________ dev-security-policy mailing list email@example.com https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-security-policy