On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 10:52 AM, Jakob Bohm via dev-security-policy
<dev-security-policy@lists.mozilla.org> wrote:
> On 16/05/2017 19:36, Peter Bowen wrote:
>>
>> My experience is that Mozilla is very open to taking patches and will
>> help contributors get things into acceptable form, so I'm sure they
>> would be happy to take patches if there is demand for such.  It is
>> fairly important that someone who is going to use the attributes put
>> together the patch, otherwise it may prove to be useless.  For
>> example, I could easily create a patch that add a CKA_TRUST_FILTER
>> attribute that is designed to be fed into a case statement to indicate
>> the filter to be applied.  Based on the code, it looks like I probably
>> needs a "cnnic" case, a "wosign" case, and a "globalsignr2" case.
>> This meets my needs, but it might not need your needs.
>>

> Ok, can you point me to any "graduated trust" actually present in
> certdata.txt ?

See the CKA_TRUST_SERVER_AUTH, CKA_TRUST_EMAIL_PROTECTION,
CKA_TRUST_CODE_SIGNING, and CKA_TRUST_STEP_UP_APPROVED attributes in
CKO_NSS_TRUST class objects.  They all represent non-binary trust of
roots, similar to that contained in the OpenSSL X509_AUX structure
mentioned much earlier in the thread.

Thanks,
Peter