Hi Peter,

I note you have copied in our press team and that you are a journalist;
I will answer your question as I would the same question from any member
of our community here if it were asked in this forum.

On 03/07/17 16:54, Loshin, Peter wrote:
> Other than stating that it will be publishing its proposal for
> implementing the consensus remediation plan, did Symantec provide any
> other information about its progress?

Yes, they did. However, it seems unnecessary to document all that here,
as the meat of what they told me should end up in their implementation
proposal.

Due to my upcoming holiday starting just before their planned
publication date, they may choose to share a not-final draft of the
proposal with me privately, which I will comment on (if I have time) in
a non-binding fashion. This is not to pre-judge the proposal, but to
speed the process and try and make sure the proposal contains everything
necessary to evaluate it. As always, we will be coming to our position
in consultation with our community here.

> Did Symantec offer any other
> information that you are able to share? Any other information that
> you are _not_ able to share?

Our general principle for such meetings, consistent with Mozilla's
desire to run our root program in an open and transparent fashion, is
that we will not promise confidentiality up front, although we will
honour reasonable requests for it on a case-by-case basis. We treat all
CAs and all meetings equally in this regard.

In this case, the only information Symantec gave me which we agreed not
to reveal was the names of the particular companies they were
considering as CA partners. No doubt their implementation plan will show
who they eventually choose.

Gerv