1)      December 1, 2017 is the earliest credible date that any RFP respondent
can provide the Managed CA solution proposed by Google, assuming a start date
of August 1, 2017. Only one RFP respondent initially proposed a schedule
targeting August 8, 2017 (assuming a start date of June 12, 2017). We did not
deem this proposal to be credible, however, based on the lack of specificity
around our RFP evaluation criteria, as compared to all other RFP responses
which provided detailed responses to all aspects of the RFP, and we have
received no subsequent information from this bidder to increase our confidence.

2)      We are using several selection criteria for evaluating RFP responses,
including the depth of plan to address key technical integration and
operational requirements, the timeframe to execute, the ability to handle the
scope, volume, language, and customer support requirements both for ongoing
issuance and for one-time replacement of certificates issued prior to June 1,
2016, compliance program and posture, and the ability to meet uptime, interface
performance, and other SLAs. Certain RFP respondents have distinguished
themselves based on the quality and depth of their integration planning
assumptions, requirements and activities, which have directly influenced the
dates we have proposed for the SubCA proposal.

3)      The RFP was first released on May 26, 2017. The first round of bidder

4)      It is our longstanding policy not to comment on rumors or market
speculation.