Jakob,

I don't see what is wrong with Jonathan reporting these issues. The authors
and ratifiers of the BRs made the choice to specify these small details.
While a minor encoding error is certainly not as alarming as say, issuing
an md5 signed certificate, it is still an error and is worth reporting.

I believe it is decidedly off-topic to debate what BR violations are worth
reporting.

If you think certain BR rules are outdated or sub-par, I am sure the
community would welcome that discussion but it should be its own thread.

-Vincent

On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 4:57 PM, Jakob Bohm via dev-security-policy <

> On 07/08/2017 22:47, Jonathan Rudenberg wrote:
>
>> “IdenTrust ACES CA 2” has issued five certificates with an OCSP responder
>> URL that has a HTTPS URI scheme. This is not valid, the OCSP responder URI
>> is required to have the plaintext HTTP scheme according to Baseline
>> Requirements section 7.1.2.2(c).
>>
>> Here’s the list of certificates: https://misissued.com/batch/4/
>>
>> Jonathan
>>

> Why are you so obsessed with the least significant BR requirements?
>
> The original prohibition on https revocation URLs was based on the risk
> that CAs might misconfigure this in a way that causes infinite recursion
> in clients checking that particular https certificate for revocation.
>
> This was before mass-surveillance became such a big issue, and might
> have been decided otherwise today.
>
> Enjoy
>
> Jakob
> --
> Jakob Bohm, CIO, Partner, WiseMo A/S.  https://www.wisemo.com
> Transformervej 29, 2860 Søborg, Denmark.  Direct +45 31 13 16 10
> This public discussion message is non-binding and may contain errors.
> WiseMo - Remote Service Management for PCs, Phones and Embedded

Vincent Lynch