On Wednesday, August 16, 2017 at 1:45:12 PM UTC-4, Jonathan Rudenberg wrote:
> > On Aug 16, 2017, at 12:52, Jonathan Rudenberg via dev-security-policy
> > <dev-security-policy@lists.mozilla.org> wrote:
> >
> > I looked through the CT logs and found 15 more unexpired unrevoked
> > certificates that are trusted by NSS and appear to have the same inaccurate
> > organizationName of “U.S. Government” for a non-USG entity.
> >
> > The list is here: https://misissued.com/batch/10/
> >
> > Can you explain why your review missed these? Are there any more in
> > addition to these 15 and previous 5?
> >
> > Jonathan
>
> After looking into this more, I’ve found that the majority of certificates
> issued by the "IdenTrust ACES CA 2” and "IdenTrust ACES CA 1” intermediates
> are not BR-compliant.
>
> The issues fall into three categories:
>
> 1) Certificates with HTTPS OCSP URLs
> 2) Certificates with otherName SANs
> 3) Certificates that appear to be intended as client certificates, but have
> the anyExtendedKeyUsage EKU, putting them in scope for the Mozilla Root
> Policy.
>
> I’ve found 33 certificates that have one or more of these issues that are
> unexpired and unrevoked.
>
> Here is the full list: https://misissued.com/batch/11/ (note that it is a
> superset of the batch I posted earlier today)
>
> Jonathan
Hello, In reference to 3)"Certificates that appear to be intended as client
certificates, but have the anyExtendedKeyUsage EKU, putting them in scope for
the Mozilla Root Policy."
The following 6 client certificates that have been identified as server
certificates and have been flagged as non-compliant.  However, these
certificates do not contain FQDN, IP Address, nor ‘TLS Web Server
Authentication’ EKU.  As such in order for us to proceed with our analysis and
determine if any remediation is required, we need clarification in the exact
nature of non-compliance as it relates to Mozilla Root Policy or CAB Forum
Baseline Requirement (ideally with pointer to the specific requirement in the
corresponding documents).

https://crt.sh/?id=157944459
https://crt.sh/?id=157944592
https://crt.sh/?id=157944616