From: Paul Kehrer [mailto:paul.l.keh...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2017 2:48 PM
To:
mozilla-dev-security-pol...@lists.mozilla.org<mailto:mozilla-dev-security-pol...@lists.mozilla.org>
Subject: Violations of Baseline Requirements 4.9.10

I've recently completed a scan of OCSP responders with a focus on checking
whether they are compliant with BR section 4.9.10's requirement: "Effective 1
August 2013, OCSP responders for CAs which are not Technically Constrained in
line with Section 7.1.5 MUST NOT respond with a "GOOD" status for such
certificates." This rule was put in place in the wake of the DigiNotar incident
as an additional method of ensuring the CA is aware of all issuances in its
infrastructure and has been a requirement for over 4 years now.

The scan was performed by taking the list of responders (and valid issuer name
hash/issuer key hashes) that Andrew Ayer has aggregated and making an OCSP
request for the serial number "0xdeadbeefdeadbeefdeadbeefdeadbeef". This serial
is extremely unlikely to have been issued legitimately.

The following OCSP responders appear to be non-compliant with the BRs (they
respond GOOD and are not listed as technically constrained by crt.sh) but are
embedded in certificates issued in paths that chain up to trusted roots in the
Mozilla store. I have grouped them by owner where possible and put notes about
whether they've been contacted:

CA Disig a.s.

Email sent to tspnot...@disig.sk<mailto:tspnot...@disig.sk>

DN: C=SK, L=Bratislava, O=Disig a.s., CN=CA Disig R1I1 Certification Service
Example cert:
https://crt.sh/?q=da74b18f3651bf90a8b2c07f8df294de19e441dcaa6913627261752199c302a2
OCSP URI: http://subcar1i1-ocsp.disig.sk/ocsp/subcar1i1

DN: C=SK, L=Bratislava, O=Disig a.s., CN=CA Disig R2I2 Certification Service
Example cert:
https://crt.sh/?q=1a088e912ddb15a3b52ab1396af2a1ce0dcfab170e007e551f63231c76975417
OCSP URI: http://subcar2i2-ocsp.disig.sk/ocsp/subcar2i2

DN: C=SK, L=Bratislava, O=Disig a.s., CN=CA Disig Root R1
Example cert:
https://crt.sh/?q=e1abb0faeaa7312f2c3e041cbd2df03a507e346b9716442463ed61106aff6947
OCSP URI: http://rootcar1-ocsp.disig.sk/ocsp/rootcar1

DN: C=SK, L=Bratislava, O=Disig a.s., CN=CA Disig Root R2
Example cert:
https://crt.sh/?q=239ffa86d71033ba255914782057d87e8421aedd5910b786928b6a1248c3e341
OCSP URI: http://rootcar2-ocsp.disig.sk/ocsp/rootcar2

-Paul