Anyone who's using or planning to use these crt.sh APIs might like to know that I've enhanced them to also run the ZLint certificate linter (from https://github.com/zmap/zlint).

On 18/08/17 17:39, Rob Stradling via dev-security-policy wrote:
In response to the many BR compliance issues [1] that have been reported here this month, there's been renewed interest in certificate linting. Various CAs have said that they're considering plugging one or more certificate linters into their certificate issuance processes.

Some CAs, such as those with high certificate issuance rates, will probably prefer to run their own local installations of their chosen linter(s). However, other CAs may prefer to use an external linting service.

One current problem is that neither certlint/cablint nor x509lint is suitable for use prior to certificate issuance - that is, they're only currently capable of operating on certificates, not TBSCertificates.

With all of the above in mind, I've created a new crt.sh API that can be used to lint TBSCertificates. It uses crt.sh's existing linting capabilities, which are provided by cablint and x509lint. To workaround the limitation described in the previous paragraph, it wraps the TBSCertificate into a certificate structure by appending a dummy signature.

I'm planning to integrate this crt.sh API into Comodo's issuance processes ASAP. Other CAs are also welcome to use it (although please chat to me first if you're a high-volume issuer!)

API URL: https://crt.sh/linttbscert

To use it, either (1) browse to that URL, paste a base64-encoded TBSCertificate, then click "Lint TBSCertificate", or (2) simulate that button click by POSTing a URL-encoded "b64tbscert" parameter to the same URL.

The API response is tab-separated text, with one line per "issue". Each line contains three items:
   Linter    Severity    Description

P.S. I've also created an equivalent linting API for certificates: https://crt.sh/lintcert

[1] https://wiki.mozilla.org/CA/Incident_Dashboard#Open_CA_Compliance_Bugs

--