> On 15/09/17 11:01, Inigo Barreira wrote:
> > Considering that we were distrusted, that we didn´t reapply for
> > inclussion, that CT is only required by Chrome and it´s not included
> > in the Mozilla policy (even we were requested that all of our certs
> > had to be CT logged) nor required by Firefox, that those certs were
> > under our control all the time and lived for some minutes because were
> > revoked inmediately, at that time, when we did it, we didn´t expect
> > this reaction for sure.
>
> But surely CT testing is not the only sort of testing you've been doing?

Yes, this is the only test we did it in production

> E.g. you made some test certificates with different types of ECC curve, which
> you then had to revoke some of as against browser policies.

No, those weren´t tests. We allowed the use of curves permitted by the BRs but
this issue came up in the mozilla policy (I think Arkadiusz posted) and I also
asked about it in the last CABF F2F (I asked Ryan about it) and then, with that
outcome and as the browsers didn´t accept them, we revoked and then not allow
the issuance. I think the discussion is still active (i.e. the use of P-521).

> If these had been in a testing hierarchy there would have been no problem.
>
> CAs have been heavily criticised over the past few years for issuing test
> certificates in public hierarchies (see e.g. Symantec). The danger of doing so
> should be well known to all CAs by now.

Yes, I know. But the only testing we did in production was the one related to
the CT.

> Perhaps once a test has been passed and checked in a testing system, and if
> the certificates concerned do not violate any policies, it could be repeated
> on
> a production system to deal with any possible differences between the two.
> But starting with the production system is not a good idea.

True, but it seems you´re understanding that we have only a production system
in which we test everything and this is not the case. Before moving anything
into production, we have tested in development and in the QA system.