Hi Franck,

On 18/09/17 15:49, Franck Leroy wrote:
> Our understanding in April was that as long as StartCom is not
> allowed by Certinomis to issue EE certs, the disclosure was not
> mandated immediately.

I think that we need to establish a timeline of the exact events
involved here.

But I would say that it seems to me that Startcom _were_ issuing EE
certs at that time, from the part of their hierarchy that you had
cross-signed. In what way was Certnomis forbidding them from doing so?
My understanding is that your answer to this question is...

> This control that StartCom was not allowed to use our path was
> technical in place by the fact that I was the only one to have the
> intermediate cross signed certificates, stored (retained) in my
> personal safe.

....that you had not given Startcom a copy of the cross-sign. However,
leaving aside for the moment the reasonable question about how such an
assertion can be audited, the point is that once the certificate _does_
become public, all of the existing certificates immediately become
publicly trusted. Wouldn't you agree?

Gerv