On Tuesday, October 17, 2017 at 2:44:11 PM UTC-7, Kathleen Wilson wrote:
> A lot of the delay this time is in regards to our new
> Audit Case process.
> We'll work to get this cleared up this month.

To those of you CAs who have correctly followed the instructions for providing
your annual updates -- THANK YOU!!!
Many of you have done this successfully without any problems.

To the rest of the CAs, Please help us out here, by reading and following the
instructions.

http://ccadb.org/cas/updates

"The process for submitting an annual update is as follows: CAs will create a
single Audit Case for a particular set of audits (e.g. WebTrust CA, WebTrust
BR, and WebTrust EV). Then the CA will create a set of corresponding Root
Cases, one per root, to tell the CCADB which Root Certificate records the audit
statements in that Audit Case apply to."

We've had CAs file multiple Audit Cases for the same audit statements, with
different information. Please don't do that. You only need to file one Audit
Case for each set of audit statements. If you are unsure, please just create
one Audit Case and then send email to me and Aaron so we can help you out.

Some CAs do not create the corresponding Root Cases to indicate which root
certs were in scope of the audits and to provide the 3 test websites that are
required by the BRs.

Many of the CAs unfortunately have not tested their 3 test websites to ensure
that the TLS certs chain up to those root certs and have the correct results.

All of this is described in
http://ccadb.org/cas/updates

We continue to work to improve the interface to make it more obvious what you
need to do. But in the meantime please carefully read and follow the
instructions.

Thanks,
Kathleen