I agree with Nick's questions, and I can certainly see the relevance in
matching what actually happens out there to the effectiveness and
appropriateness of the various domain validation mechanisms.

Having said that, I think it should effectively be a "read only" affair,
shaping community and CA response to the conditions that exist rather than
striving for better conditions.  I think it would be impractical to assume
that the community can persuade the entire web hosting industry to effect
meaningful universal change in a relevantly short time frame.

On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 3:05 PM, Nick Lamb via dev-security-policy <