Hanno, thanks for reporting this to us earlier today.

Mozilla, please consider adding https://crt.sh/?id=245397620 to OneCRL. Thanks.

On 12/01/18 15:33, Hanno Böck via dev-security-policy wrote:
Hi,

Comodo ITSM (IT Service Management Software) runs an HTTPS server on
localhost and port 21185. The domain localhost.cmdm.comodo.net pointed
to localhost.

It is obvious that with this setup the private key is part of the
application and thus compromised. With advanced next generation key
extraction software (strings and grep) I was able to extract the
private key from the software executable.

There exist two certificates that use the same key plus two
precertificates. Only one of the certificates is still valid, the other
is expired. List:
https://crt.sh/?spkisha256=accbb60afe2d28949e21d76f298a2f20c0a24488ad0980ea31b4c0e04b952879

I reported this to Comodo earlier today and the certificate got revoked
very quickly. It was pointed out to me that Comodo ITSM was developed
by Comodo Security Solutions and that Comodo CA played no part in the
development of that software.

--
Rob Stradling
Senior Research & Development Scientist