European Conformity Assessment Bodies are nowadays issuing Audit Certificates
aligned with EN 319 401, EN 319-411-1 and EN 319 411-2 standards.

There is no need to explicitly deny validity to previous standars, because as
Jakob states, they can reflect the chain of audits.

In fact, TS 102 042 and TS 101 456 are basically the same standards, but
instead of changing only the version number, ETSI opted to renew the full
reference code, more in the approach of IETF for RFCs.

The Mozilla rule also is aligned with CAB Forum Baseline Requirements for the
Issuance and Management of Publicly-Trusted Certificates and Extended
Validation SSL Certificate Guidelines, and any change to those documents would
need a ballot.

Regards,

Julian Inza