For the record, I posted someone else's strength testing algorithm, and pointed
out that it was bad 😊  I personally don't think building strength testing
algorithms
is hopeless, and I think good ones are very useful.  I tend to agree with the
current
NIST recommendation, which is to primarily only consider length, along with
things
like history, dictionary words, and reuse.

But in this case, the public is at risk if the key is compromised, so I don't
trust a
password chosen by an end user, no matter what strength function it may or may
not pass.

Some form of random password of sufficient length, with the randomness coming
from a CSPRNG, encoded into a more user friendly form, is the right answer here.

-Tim