Hi Ryan,
thanks for your time reviewing this. I really appreciate your comments.

As I have this week the auditors in the office, I prefer to check with them
before issuing a more formal answer, because you're expressing concerns related
to the audit practices that I'm not qualified enough to respond.

In the meantime, please let me advance the following initial comments:
1.- I can't really understand how it can be expected that a CA is able to issue
a point in time including BR dated the same day of the issuance of a Root,
because that seems not possible. Any CA needs a minimum time to prepare an
issuing CA, OCSP responders and doing SSL certificate tests, and AFAIK, this
lapsed period is not regulated by BR nor Webtrust.

2.- In our particular case we had some issues delaying the readiness of proper
BR compliance for GC, mainly for two reasons, one was the summer holidays and
also we had to fight with a bug in Microsoft Certificate Services that made the
CA certificate to include a '\0' character after the policy qualifier URL, and
this delayed the process (you can find a reference here:
https://pkisolutions.com/2012r2hotfixes/ check for "Bug 5298357 – Bad ASN.1
encoding of certificate issuance policy extensions"). The auditors detected
this issue and only accepted the issuing CA for the point-in-time once this
problem was solved.

3.- The key ceremony of this Root was witnessed by the same auditors. I would
say that the mere fact that an auditor issues a point in time WT BR report
implies undoubtedly full compliance with this requirement, as with any other
one set by BR. Therefore, the fact that the PiT exists, means that the key
ceremony was executed according to the rule.

4.- Please check in this link (https://filevault.wisekey.com/d/412f61ab26/) the
redline intermediate versions. It must be noted that not all versions are
formally adopted and go public (i.e. version 2.7 was a working version). These
are mostly changes to include the GC hierarchy, properly reflect latest BR
(i.e. validity periods, reflect the contact point for incident reporting, etc)
and also to correct minor glitches.

5. In 25/July it happened that we published a new version of the CPS, including
some changes recommended by the auditors. You can see the differences in the
PDF file and judge yourself the relevance of the changes. Any further comment
will be welcome.

6.- As a result of these discussions and open concerns, and based in the
auditor recommendation to advance in this inclusion process, we already
proposed here to change the audit period so it starts the 9th of May 2017
instead of the planned annual renew. Fortunately it was only one month
difference, but I must say that I'd have preferred to take this decision based
in a formal compliance issue that I could understand, because if it had been
several months overlap it would have had a much bigger

7. In my humble opinion, I think that these requirements must be formalized in
audit criteria or explicitly in the BR, and not raised "ad hoc". Any CA
embarking in an inclusion process should know all requirements beforehand.

I'll provide further comments after checking with the auditors.

Thanks again and best regards,
Pedro