From: Wayne Thayer [mailto:wtha...@mozilla.com]
Sent: 28 September 2018 21:19
To: Yves Nullens
Cc: mozilla-dev-security-policy
Subject: Re: InfoCert investment in LuxTrust

Yves,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Section 8.1 of the Mozilla Root
Store policy [1] applies here. It is not completely clear to me that 50%
ownership is a "controlling stake", but even if it is, InfoCert is already a
member of the Mozilla root program by way of its acquisition of Camerfirma
earlier this year. In that case, our policy simply requires the following:

Mozilla MUST be notified of any resulting changes in the CA's CP or CPS.

Can you confirm that this investment will cause no CP/CPS changes other than
the updates to the overview chapter that you described?

- Wayne

On Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 8:38 AM Yves Nullens via dev-security-policy
<dev-security-policy@lists.mozilla.org<mailto:dev-security-policy@lists.mozilla.org>>
 wrote:
Dear all,

We would like to inform you that Tecnoinvestimenti, through its subsidiary
InfoCert S.p.A. ("InfoCert"), has signed an agreement to invest into LuxTrust.
The shareholding will be as follows:

-          50% historic shareholders

-          50% Infocert

 This investment has currently no impact/modification

o   on the organization

o   on the services provided

o   on the infrastructure

LSTI our conformity assessment body and ILNAS the Luxemburgish national entity
in charge of supervising our certification have also just been informed of this
investment.

We plan to add in the overview chapter of our CP, CPS Infocert to the list of
entities constituting our partnership : "LuxTrust is a partnership between the
Luxembourg government, the major private financial actors in Luxembourg and
Infocert"

Best regards,
Yves Nullens

[LuxTrust_logo_blue_signature]