I am recommending denial of this request.

It was not uncommon for CAs to treat the .int TLD as an Internal Name, so
I'm not going to argue this point and claim that these certificates were
misissued because 'identrust.int' and 'identrus.int' were not registered
domain names.

Under the assumption that these are Internal Names, none of these
certificates were issued after the BR deadline of 1-November 2015. From
this I would infer that Identrust was aware of the requirements. Three of
the disclosed certificates were not expired or revoked prior to the BR
Internal Name deadline of 1-October 2016:
https://crt.sh/?id=7852280
https://crt.sh/?id=882509134
https://crt.sh/?id=882509077

This happened in spite of well documented incidents in which other CAs
failed to revoke certificates containing Internal Names [1]. One of these
three certificates was revoked on 22-February 2018, corresponding with the
date Nick Hatch reported it to Identrust. Identrust did not disclose the
incident, nor - given that the other two were never revoked - did they
apparently perform a scan of their certificates to identify any others.
This calls into question Identrust's ability to adhere to the BRs, their
remediation practices, and their willingness to publicly disclose incidents.

Identrust has requested that Mozilla grant EV indication to the Commercial
Root CA 1 - the same root involved in this incident. Identrust's actions in
this incident are troubling and provide justification for denying the
higher level of trust implied by EV.

- Wayne

[1]
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mozilla.dev.security.policy/00gci6NII9Y/AsQHXkltDgAJ

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 2:14 PM identrust--- via dev-security-policy <