Now that the Symantec TLS distrust is essentially behind us, we're working
on migrating all of the s/MIME certificates to DigiCert hierarchies. Once
this is complete, the browsers can remove the legacy Symantec roots
completely. In my new compliance role, I'm looking at how to create a
smooth, but compliant, transition process. One major question I had while
reviewing some of the systems is the frequency of s/MIME cert
reverification. Nothing is specified in the policy that I could see. I
thought I'd raise the question here to see if there's a policy somewhere
else or if Mozilla wants to consider an official policy in one of its next
updates.

Some systems look like they verify the email address/domain name at issuance
and then never again for the same account. Other systems verify the email
address and domain every 825 days. The last set verifies the email address
each time a certificate is issued.  I think each are equally compliant, but
the set-it-and-forget it method doesn't seem in the spirit of ensuring
control over the email address. Is there guidance on how often this
reverification should occur?

Thanks for the input.

Jeremy