I agree on the surface this bug appears to be the same, but the root cause is a
different. The issue for bug 1462844 was a specific status not counting as
active when it was. To mitigate this issue, we updated the query to include the
missing status. However, we are in the process of simplifying the data
structures to simplify these types of queries.

For the underscore certificates, these were non-active, not even considered as
provisioned since they were not delivered to a customer and not publicly used
for any encryption. These certificates were effectively abandoned by our system.