Hello,
Section 5.1 of the Mozilla Root Store Policy
(https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/about/governance/policies/security-group/certs/policy/)
 specifies the allowed set of key and signature algorithms for roots and
certificates that chain to roots in the Mozilla Root Store. Specifically, the
following hash algorithms and ECDSA hash/curve pairs are allowed:

• Digest algorithms: SHA-1 (see below), SHA-256, SHA-384, or SHA-512.
• P‐256 with SHA-256
• P‐384 with SHA-384

Given this, if an End-Entity certificate were signed using a subordinate CA’s
P-384 key with ecdsa-with-SHA512 as the signature algorithm (which would be
reflected in the End-Entity certificate's signatureAlgorithm field), would this
violate Mozilla policy? As I understand it, an ECDSA signing operation with a
P-384 key using SHA-512 would be equivalent to using SHA-384 (due to the
truncation that occurs), so I am unsure if this would violate the specification
above (although the signatureAlgorithm field value would be misleading). I
believe the same situation exists if a P-256 key is used for a signing
operation with SHA-384.

Any insight into whether this is allowed or prohibited would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Corey