Hello MDSP,

Taiwan-CA wants to report an incident about mississued certificates with
invalid SAN.

Times below are in UTC+8

1.      How your CA first became aware of the problem (e.g. via a problem
report submitted to your Problem Reporting Mechanism, a discussion in
mozilla.dev.security.policy, a Bugzilla bug, or internal self-audit), and the
time and date.

On 2019-03-14, we received an email reporting the problematic certificate.

2.      A timeline of the actions your CA took in response. A timeline is a
date-and-time-stamped sequence of all relevant events. This may include events
before the incident was reported, such as when a particular requirement became
applicable, or a document changed, or a bug was introduced, or an audit was
done.

of the problem.
there’s another revoked certificate with the same problem.
environment.

3.      Whether your CA has stopped, or has not yet stopped, issuing
certificates with the problem. A statement that you have will be considered a
pledge to the community; a statement that you have not requires an explanation.

We have fixed the bug in SAN validation.  We will arrange additional check
process by reviewing on DNS names manually before the update go live.

4.      A summary of the problematic certificates. For each problem: number of
certs, and the date the first and last certs with that problem were issued.

Number of certs: 2
First certificate issued on 2018-05-04
Last certificate issued on 2019-03-12

5.      The complete certificate data for the problematic certificates. The
recommended way to provide this is to ensure each certificate is logged to CT
and then list the fingerprints or crt.sh IDs, either in the report or as an
attached spreadsheet, with one list per distinct problem.

https://crt.sh/?id=439740567
https://crt.sh/?id=1278711906

6.      Explanation about how and why the mistakes were made or bugs
introduced, and how they avoided detection until now.

There is a bug in our SAN validation code that some of the DNS names are not
properly validated when there are multiple SANs.

7.      List of steps your CA is taking to resolve the situation and ensure
such issuance will not be repeated in the future, accompanied with a timeline
of when your CA expects to accomplish these things.

The bug has been fixed and the update will be deployed by 2019-03-30 at the
latest.