Extended Validation (EV) certificates and EU Qualified certificates for website
authentication (QWAC).

European Union introduced the QWAC certificates in the eIDAS Regulation in 2014.

Technically the QWAC requirements are based on the CABF EVG and intended to be
fully upper compatiable with the EV certificates, but ETSI has set up some
further requirements, like the mandatory usage of the QC statements.

ETSI TS 119 495 is a further specialization of the QWAC certificates dedicated
for payment services according to the EU PSD2 Directive.
The PSD2 certificates need to consist amoung others the Organization Identifier
[(OrgId) – OID: 2.5.4.97] field in the Subject DN field, which contains PSD2
specific data of the Organization.

Till yesterday the usage of this field was not forbidden in the EV
certificates, altough as I know there has been discussion about this topic due
to the different interpretation of the EVG requirements.
As I know there is an ongoing discussion in the CABF about the inclusion of the
OrgId field in the definitely allowed fields in the Subject DN of the EV
certificates.

Today morning I got an email from the CABF mailing list with the new version of
the BR ver. 1.6.5 and the EVG ver. 1.6.9.  The new version of the BR has
already been published on the CABF web site but the new EVG version hasn't been
published yet.

I would like to ask the current status of this new EVG ver 1.6.9.

It is very important for us to have correct information because our CA has
begun to issue PSD2 certificates to financial institutions which are intended
to fulfil also the EVG requirements.
The new version of the EVG definitely states that only the listed fields may be
used in the Subject DN and the list doesn't contain the OrgId field.

We plan to fulfil both the QWAC and the EVG requirements simultaneuosly but
after having the change in the EVG requirements it seems to be impossible in
case of PSD2 QWAC certificates.
The separation of the EV and the QWAC certificates wouldn't be good for the
Customers and it would rise several issues.

Do you have any idea how to solve this issue?

Will the new version of the EVG ver 1.6.9 be published soon?

Isn't it possible to wait with the issuance the result of the ballot regarding
the inclusion of the OrgId field?