On Thu, May 2, 2019 at 3:45 PM Nick Lamb <n...@tlrmx.org> wrote:
> Alex, you say you "came across" these certificates, do you think it is
> likely that there are many more, or was that in practice a fairly
> thorough search?

I've been adding certificates found in Censys scans to CT logs, and
happened to spot one of the kumamoto-u.ac.jp certs while reviewing my
logger's error logs. I then searched on Censys for certificates with
"Default City" as the locality, filtered out untrusted and expired
certificates, and deduplicated precertificates. There may well be
additional certificates out there (compiling the misissued.com batch
was a manual process, and I make mistakes) but I'd be surprised if
there were more than a handful.

Alex