Thank you for this response Francois. I have added it to the issues list
[1]. Because the response is not structures the same as the issues list, I
did not attempt to associate parts of the response with specific issues. I
added the complete response to the bottom of the page.

On Thu, May 9, 2019 at 9:27 AM fchassery--- via dev-security-policy <

> I don’t want to finish this answer without going back to the A issue, the
> Startcom cross-sign.
> I will not repeat all the history, Franck LEROY had detailed it in his
> e-mail of 07/08/2017 at 11.21:46 (UTC+2), but simply summarize my point of
> assist or seek to assist Startcom in circumventing the remediation plan
> proposed by Mozilla; on the contrary, we asked the Mozilla staff beforehand
> if what we wanted to do was acceptable, we clearly made it a condition for
> Iñigo to follow the plan and waited to be convinced that he had done so,
> and when, after all these precautions, we were told that we had not
> understood this remedial plan, we revoked both CAs without discussion.
> I hadn’t heard anything about it in those two years.
> So what is the factual criticism that is being made now, two years later?
> I don’t know about that.
> And what is the link with our difficulties of this year? None!

by quoting the plan he had approved and stating "This seems to be very
different to the plan you implemented." By cross-signing Startcom's old
roots, Certinomis did assist Startcom in circumventing the remediation
plan, and by proposing one plan then implementing a different one,
Certinomis did so without Mozilla's consent.

Startcom misissued a number of certificates (e.g. [3]) under that
cross-signing relationship that Certinomis is responsible for as the
Mozilla program member.

By cross-signing Startcom's roots, Certinomis also took responsibility for
Startcom's qualified audit.

I will also add this information to the issues list.

- Wayne

[1] https://wiki.mozilla.org/CA/Certinomis_Issues
[2]
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mozilla.dev.security.policy/RJHPWUd93xE/lyAX9Wz_AQAJ