Jakob,

Before I touch on your comments, I wanted to point out that I am fairly
well known in the CA industry even back then and that fact might have
tainted the results sightly because I am treated some what differently to
other orders as the validation staff look more carefully at the information
presented in the order. If the order came from an anonymous body then the
chance of the success of the order is very high because the validation
staff would process it as normal without higher level intervention which
mostly happens with my orders.

The reasons why I chose Symantec:
a) They were the largest and most popular CA at that present time and most
of the largest companies in the world used that CA.
b) Symantec also provided a 30 day risk-free trial of their EV SSL and my
thinking was at the time that criminals would take advantage of that fact.

I did try Comodo first time and it did fail, the second time I tried Comodo
it worked. I publish it here:
https://www.typewritten.net/writer/ev-phishing-final/

Thank you

Burton

On Mon, Aug 26, 2019 at 8:00 PM Jakob Bohm via dev-security-policy <