On Thu, Aug 29, 2019 at 02:14:10PM -0700, Kirk Hall via dev-security-policy
wrote:
> For EV certificates, the appeal for website owners over the past 10 years
> has been that they get a distinctive EV UI that they believe protects
> their consumers and their brands (again, don't argue with me but argue
> with them - but these website owners include many of the top enterprises
> and brands, so presumably they are smart people too with significant
> technical skills and have made their own EV decisions on a rational basis,
> even if you disagree with them or have a different commercial interest in
> supporting or not supporting website identity).

On the contrary, I think it's perfectly reasonable to discuss this stance
with representatives of CAs, as it is, in my estimation, primarily the
marketing activities of CAs which has created this belief in website owners.

- Matt