I submitted a compromised key report to Sectigo [ssl_ab...@sectigo.com] on 1
May 2020 at 2:03pm UTC but Sectigo failed to revoke the certificate per
cab-forum guidelines [4.9.1.1. Reasons for Revoking a Subscriber Certificate].

Upon submitting my report [case ref: _00D1N2Ljih._5003l11VztU], I received an
automated response at 1 May 2020 at 2:03pm UTC and the first human response
came 4 hours later on 1 May 2020 at 6:24pm UTC with what I believe was an
incorrect assessment and failure to carefully review the evidence provided. The
impacted certificate as of writing this post is still not revoked.

The certificate in question: https://crt.sh/?id=2081585376

A CSR signed by the original private key was provided with the following
subject details as evidence of possession:
CN = The key that signed this CSR has been publicly disclosed.
O = Compromised Key

The response I received from Sectigo failed to demonstrate competency to deal
with report and instead made references to the commonName attribute as being a
problem, however without providing any form of explanation as to what is wrong
with it? Additionally, Sectigo referred to pwnedkeys as some sort of authority
that they say it’s not compromised. However, I suspect what Sectigo staff
really meant is they were unable to find the spki sha256 fingerprint against
pwnedkeys database but I don’t see how that means anything or why they are
checking pwnedkeys when the evidence was attached along with the report. The
necessary evidence was provided to Sectigo and they have thus far failed to
deal with the evidence or clearly articulate reasons for concluding this case
to not be a compromise.

I have sent further emails to Sectigo over 24 hours ago requesting their
decision to be carefully reviewed and have still not received a reply. I
suspect my case was closed and response went into a blackhole.

I would like to request Sectigo to again review this matter, revoke the
certificate and provide an incident report.