On 02/07/2020 13:31, Corey Bonnell via dev-security-policy wrote:
> Wouldn't adding the nocheck extension make the subCA certificate irrevocable,
> thus in the case of a subCA certificate with serverAuth and ocspSigning EKUs,
> violate the spirit (and maybe the wording?) of sections 4.9.7 and 4.9.10 of
> the BRs, which mandate the availability of revocation services for the subCA
> certificate?

I guess that you could still revoke via a CRL based mechanism.
id-pkix-ocsp-nocheck relevance seems limited to RFC 6960 Section
4.2.2.2.1. - I don't think it touches CRL interpretation.

However, I'm struggling to come up with a reason why one would want an
issuing CA which is also a delegated OCSP Responder for its issuing CA,
even if such a thing is RFC and BR compliant!

Regards,

Neil