On Fri, 18 Sep 2020 16:48:45 -0700
Kiel Christofferson via dev-security-policy
<dev-security-policy@lists.mozilla.org> wrote:

> We were notified of the problem by an alert on elevated error-level
> logs. We found that the errors were caused by a recent change to our
> RPC system that, in a certain error case, caused a particular column
> in our certificate status table to have a value of "0" for a specific
> empty field rather than either the expected value or NULL. We
> collected serials and last-update timestamp information for affected
> entries, and enacted a manual plan for continued remediation of these
> entries.

Hi Kiel,

Thank you for reporting this small deviation from required behaviour.

Let's Encrypt provides a community mutual assistance site (with
contributions from staff) on which a large volume of messages are
posted each day.

https://community.letsencrypt.org/

Once the problem was identified did you check to see if any messages to
that site were likely related to this issue? I guess it's not very
likely with a small number of deviations.

Nick.