(Writing in a Google capacity)

I personally want to say thanks to everyone who has contributed to this
discussion, who have reviewed or reported past incidents, and who have
continued to provide valuable feedback on current incidents. When
considering CAs and incidents, we really want to ensure we’re considering
all relevant information, as well as making sure we’ve got a correct
understanding of the details.

After full consideration of the information available, and in order to
protect and safeguard Chrome users, certificates issued by AC Camerfirma SA
will no longer be accepted in Chrome, beginning with Chrome 90.

This will be implemented via our existing mechanisms to respond to CA
incidents, via an integrated blocklist. Beginning with Chrome 90, users
that attempt to navigate to a website that uses a certificate that chains
to one of the roots detailed below will find that it is not considered
secure, with a message indicating that it has been revoked. Users and
enterprise administrators will not be able to bypass or override this
warning.

This change will be integrated into the Chromium open-source project as
part of a default build. Questions about the expected behavior in specific
Chromium-based browsers should be directed to their maintainers.

To ensure sufficient time for testing and for the replacement of affected
certificates by website operators, this change will be incorporated as part
of the regular Chrome release process. Information about timetables and
milestones is available at https://chromiumdash.appspot.com/schedule.

Beginning approximately the week of Thursday, March 11, 2021, website
operators will be able to preview these changes in Chrome 90 Beta. Website
operators will also be able to preview the change sooner, using our Dev and
Canary channels, while the majority of users will not encounter issues
until the release of Chrome 90 to the Stable channel, currently targeting
the week of Tuesday, April 13, 2021.

When responding to CA incidents in the past, there have been a variety of
approaches taken by different browser vendors, determined both by the facts
of the incident and the technical options available to the browsers. Our
particular decision to actively block all certificates, old and new alike,
is based on consideration of the details available, the present technical
implementation, and a desire to have a consistent, predictable,
cross-platform experience for Chrome users and site operators.

For the list of affected root certificates, please see below. Note that we
have included a holistic set of root certificates in order to ensure
consistency across the various platforms Chrome supports, even when they
may not be intended for TLS usage. However, please note that the
restrictions are placed on the associated subjectPublicKeyInfo fields of
these certificates.

Affected Certificates (SHA-256 fingerprint)

   - 04F1BEC36951BC1454A904CE32890C5DA3CDE1356B7900F6E62DFA2041EBAD51
   - 063E4AFAC491DFD332F3089B8542E94617D893D7FE944E10A7937EE29D9693C0
   - 0C258A12A5674AEF25F28BA7DCFAECEEA348E541E6F5CC4EE63B71B361606AC3
   - C1D80CE474A51128B77E794A98AA2D62A0225DA3F419E5C7ED73DFBF660E7109
   - 136335439334A7698016A0D324DE72284E079D7B5220BB8FBD747816EEBEBACA
   - EF3CB417FC8EBF6F97876C9E4ECE39DE1EA5FE649141D1028B7D11C0B2298CED

On Thu, Dec 3, 2020 at 1:01 PM Ben Wilson via dev-security-policy <