I agree with Corey that this is problematic, and wouldn't even call it a
best practice/good practice.

I appreciate the goal in the abstract - which is to say, don't do more work
than necessary (e.g. having an RSA-4096 signed by RSA-2048 is wasting
cycles *if* there's no other reason for it), but as Corey points out, there
are times where it's both necessary and good to have such chains.

On Wed, Mar 10, 2021 at 9:46 AM pfuen...--- via dev-security-policy <