Devdatta wrote:
Maybe we should focus the module on this threat more specifically.  My
understanding is that this is a big source of pain for folks who
operate forums, especially for user-supplied images that point back to
the forum itself.  What if the directive was something like
"cookieless-images" and affected all images, regardless of where they
were loaded from?

requiring it to implement this policy regardless of the running script
context would require the UA to maintain a cache of policies for each
site the user has visited. This is against the requirements of the
base module. And I for one am against any such type of caching
requirement in the UA.

I think what Adam is intending is for the image resource to be requested without cookies being sent, regardless of the image URI origin (i.e., the no-cookies policy applies even if the image URI is contained in |self|). This would apply for all images requested in the context of a page that has cookieless-images enabled. To enforce this policy, there wouldn't be a need to cache policies for sites the user has previously visited.

Mike