On 2010-03-02 10:06 PST, davidwboswell <davidwbosw...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I maintain a list of applications that use Mozilla technologies in
> their projects and wanted to add more examples of projects that use
> NSS.
>
> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/mozilla-based.html

There are lots of applications that use NSS but use no other aspect of
mozilla technologies.  Perhaps you should have a separate list of these.

For example, of the network server software products offered by Sun
Microsystems that are not written in Java, most use NSS.
AOL Instant Messenger used NSS for years, and recent versions still
include the NSS libraries, but don't seem to actually use them.

> I had seen references to Apache using NSS in mod_nss so I included it
> as a featured application and then blogged about it.  In the comments
> on that post though, there were questions if Apache was really using
> NSS or not.

Apache has a plug-in architecture.  There are many plug-ins for it.
Some are co-developed by the Apache developers themselves and are
distributed along with Apache.  Others are developed independently and
distributed independently (or distributed together with Apache in downstream
distros).  mod_nss is one of the latter.  There are many others.

> I'd also like to promote other NSS users, so if there's a list
> somewhere like the XULRunner Hall of Fame or if anyone wants to just
> post here with some examples, that would be great.

I'm cross posting this in mozilla.dev.tech.crypto, which is where most
developers who use NSS hang out.  Maybe some of them will volunteer info
about their products that use NSS.