On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 10:54 AM, Jesse Ruderman <jruder...@gmail.com> wrote:
> A wifi MITM attacker can steal all the passwords you have saved on
> http sites, by sending you to fake versions of each site and watching
> what the browser fills into the form.

Last I had the misfortune to be able to check, Firefox was happy to
perform autofill on a non-EV-https site using passwords remembered
when the site used EV-https. Thus, EV doesn't protect against advanced
advanced MITM that can fake non-EV certs. (Dunno how important this
concern is. That is, I don't know how realistic it is for a MITM to
gain the capability to fake non-EV certificates but not to gain the
capability to fake EV certificates.)

> 6) When connected to an untrusted wireless network, don't fill in passwords.

Would the user have to mark certain wireless networks as trusted?
After all, an encrypted wireless network could be operated by an
untrusted party such as a hotel.

It would be great if Firefox detected captain portals, though.  It's
super-annoying to lose session state because restored tabs start

Henri Sivonen
hsivo...@iki.fi
http://hsivonen.iki.fi/