"people like roc say we must be at least as fast as Gecko for everything"

To be clear: I think Servo's architecture must not prevent Servo from being
as fast as Gecko for everything. I push for microbenchmarks targeting the
risky parts of Servo's architecture because we must avoid discovering much
later that some critical part of Servo's architecture is wrong.

But I think it's completely fine for Servo to be slower than Gecko on some
tests, indefinitely, as long as it's obvious how to fix that. In fact it's
much more important to beat Gecko (and Blink) mightily on some tests than
to equal them on all tests.

Rob
waanndt  wyeonut  thoo mken.o w  *
*