> We have multiple layers support. I reworked because it was bogus, but it's
> a hard problem with iframes in multiple threads

Would it be helpful to explain how multiprocess layer trees work in Gecko?

Very different than it was before because they're doing it without false
> DOM nodes - all flow-based.

In the long run I'm quite sure you want to be using anonymous content for
pseudoelements. Gecko used to render pseudoelements without creating
anonymous content and that caused all sorts of problems. The trend for
specs is to make the kinds of content you can create for pseudoelements
richer, and to make pseudoelements expose APIs like regular DOM nodes (e.g.
exposing GeometryUtils); so if you don't have real nodes underneath you'll
just have ever more code duplication and pain.

Rob
waanndt  wyeonut  thoo mken.o w