Sorry, I may have missed the last part of your email where you say
that you could provide touch positions as input too. This would be
neat research and I'd like to see more details.

Note however that people in the native app world believe that it's
very important that whatever applies the animations is run on the same
thread that handles input. Otherwise it's very easy for animations to
get out-of-sync. If you swipe a scroll view on iOS, and it has that
momentum scroll, and you place your finger down it immediately stops
where it is. I've talked to several engineers that try to do this kind
of stuff with CSS animations but because they are async, it's not
nearly as reliable as native. Native platforms fire the touch event,
and you apply the animation update immediately in the same thread.

Anyway, just trying to give feedback from a user. This is really
important to me!